Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tasty Summer Colors

It's another hot summer day and these tasty colors are totally conjuring up thoughts of a b-b-q complete with all the fixins'.  I grabbed a new stamp set and embossing folder to whip up a card featuring the colors for Hand Stamped Sentiments newest color challenge: Crisp Cantaloupe, Pistachio Pudding, Strawberry Slush, and Daffodil Delight.

First I embossed a Strawberry Slush panel with the Alphabet Press TIEF and then grunged it up with layers of ink.  Then I put my Six Sided Sampler stamp set to ink and paper, punched a cool butterfly detail, and tied a yellow ribbon round the card.



5 comments:

  1. I love this , Elizabeth! What do you use to "grunge" up the background? Sponges?

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG!!! That is a cute card!! Love that embossing folder and that is the cutest card with that stamp set I have seen so far!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOO ADORBS! I love this, and I don't even know where to start! I love the embossed/distressed background and then the embellishments with all that hidden glitter- ACK! I love it! I am so in awe of your photography skills too, teach me :) LOVELY card girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all that lovely sparkle! So brilliant, it looks like a sherbet-y dessert :)

    ReplyDelete