Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Goin' MDS for Hand Stamped Sentiments

That is correct I am goin' MDS for today's color challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  I don't often make cards in MDS, but I do use the program just about every day.  I use it for my blog, for work, for church, and for lots and lots of things.  Since I am not at home this month and did not bring any of the challenge colors with me to stamp with I decided to whip out my computer and go digital because there is where I have an endless supply of every Stampin' Up! color.
For the most part this card is somewhat simple.  I started by filling my background paper with the chalkboard 1 piece of DSP from Hello World.  Then I filled a stretched square punch with Whisper White color fill and then added lots of Mis Stitched embellishments which I recolored Garden Green.  A quick skull and crossbones from the Toxic Frameable brush stamps collection to anchor the card and  then a bit more stitching for a bit more texture.

The best and most interesting part of the card is the Halloween greeting which is a punch from the Holiday Celebrations pack.  I filled the punch with Tangerine Tango and then added an Elegant Eggplant shadow.  Then I copied the element for a second punch the exact same size.  For the second punch I switched the color fill to Whisper White and the shadow to Basic Black.  Then with the nudge tool I wiggled the white and black punched element behind the tangerine and eggplant until it was just where I wanted it.  The finished product/effect is a triple shadow!  Look close and you will see the white, eggplant, and then the black--go ahead and try it, you'll like the effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment