Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's About Time!

I needed, wanted, craved, and was starved for inspiration.  I mean I searched for my mojo for days until this picture/pin, found here, set my mind into full swing.  So much that I am ready for paint rollers and tarps so I can bring some of these glorious hues into my home!
I love this painting with stamps technique.  For it to work you must use watercolor paper as it's heavy and porous enough for many sprits of water, blotting dry, more water, ink...  I start by misting my watercolor paper with a Mini Mister filled with plain water.  Then I stamp a layer of images and let then wick and bleed in the water.  I blot a little with a paper towel then spritz more water and stamp again.  I keep going until it looks done.  With each repetition of water and stamping I spritz less and less and the result is a sharper, less defused, image.  My last image stamped was the greeting.  At that time the paper was totally dry.

from dara gloden
to julie warnick

122936s
Wisteria Wonder Classic Stampin' Pad*
[122936]
$5.95
102192s
Basic Black Craft Stampin' Pad
[102192]
$7.50
129053s
[129053]
$29.95

17 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! And that sounds like a fun technique. You are always inspiring, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh love this Elizabeth! These colors just speak to me...my faves :) I can't wait to try this technique....yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only have one word: Gorgeous! Must try your beautiful technique, Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a beautiful technique! I love the soft look of your card. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A different look with this stamp set and it is utterly gorgeous!! Your design and color selection of each stamp is perfect. Design Seeds is an amazing source of inspiration and you've utilized it beautifully with this lovely creation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, I'd say your mojo is working'! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this - a totally new take on watercolor stamping. You've outdone yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I found your card on Pintrest and just LOVE your technique!!!!!! Beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Don't you love it when the idea just smacks you right between the eyes. This is a really great technique. Can't wait to CASE it for my SU ladies. I will be sure to give you all the credit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and technique! I'm going to have to try this. TFS your talents and inspiring me to go 'outside' the box!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i have been admiring this card ever since i pinned it on Pinterest! love your color choices and technique! I cased your card and linked to it from my blog post here: http://lvcre8s123.blogspot.ca/2014/10/flower-patch-versatility.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just seen your card it's gorgeous and uve made it sound so easy must try it

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. Thanks for the tutorial. I must give it a try!

    ReplyDelete