Sunday, September 6, 2015

Spider Web Season is Here

It's right around the corner--spider web season!  I love Halloween decor, projects, and treats.  One of my absolute favorite fall ingredients is pumpkin.  It adds moisture and sweetness to make your recipes so tasty and special.  For this Monday Montage Blog Hop I am showing off my adorable stamped pumpkin which has a traditional and a bit of a vintage flair.  

Before I tell you more about my cute jack-o-lantern first you should know my stamping space is not very large.  I store my stamps, inks, punches, tools, and accessories in an armoire.  So, I am careful to not over buy.  I really wanted a pumpkin for my card but had no pumpkin stamps, or did I?  I did and still do!  I used the Balloon Bash stamp set.  I am sure you recognize it now.  I turned the balloon upside down for the pumpkin and cut apart the bunting/garland image for the face pieces.
What's a little tricky to see is the texture and dimension of the pumpkin.  It is adhered to the card with a Stampin' Dimensional in the middle and the sides are glued down.  I also used the rock-n-roll around the edges technique to give some shadow and highlights.  For texture I drew grooves with a stylus in crescent shapes.  It really is super cute in person.

A few other details to mention are the stars which are stenciled with both White Craft Ink and Dazzling Details. The Spider Web Doily which collars the pumpkin is cut in half and then flipped over to reveal the white side. It's all so fitting for the start of the fall season.
from Dara
to Julie


2 comments: