Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Playful Palette Designer Washi Tape

The time is right now for a sketch challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments and this is a spunky fun one.  For my spin on the sketch I pulled out something old, something new, something borrowed, and nothing blue.

To perfectly cut the Silver Glimmer Paper photo frame and the Peakaboo Peach arrow I used the retired On Film Framelits.  Setting the stage and theme of my card I slapped strips of my recently acquired Playful Palette Washi Tape directly onto a Whisper White card base.  Another new product used to create this card is the Oh Happy Day Card Kit.  I didn't use any of the consumable suppliesform the kit, just a couple of the stamps.  Now you're wondering what I borrowed?  I borrowed a tip from my super smart stampin' friend, Dena Rekow, and made a pokey scallop circle to back the focal greeting.
To make the pokey scallop circle:
1.  Punch out a 1 3/4" Scallop Circle from DSP or card stock.
2.  Attach the punched circle to a Post It Note.
3.  Reinsert the punched scallop circle into the 1 3/4" Scallop Circle Punch in an offset position and repunch.  To align in the offset position carefully line up the valley of each scallop directly over the mountain of the scallops.
4. Remove leftover piece of Post It Note and your done!


2 comments:

  1. I love your idea of using the washi tape for the background. So clever! I love the happiness your card conveys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea with the washi tape! I'm going to have to CASE this card :)

    ReplyDelete