Sunday, January 7, 2018

Creation Station is Getting Colorful

Welcome to the very first hop of 2018 for the Creation Station Design Team.  Our theme is "Color My World" and there are SO many coloring options available you could get lost for hours.
The 2018 Occasions Catalog is live and in full swing.  One new stamp suite that is off the charts amazing and perfect for adding color is the Petal Passion collection of products.  My projects feature the Petal Palette Stamp Set and the Petals and More Thinlits along with simple watercoloring.
My Daper Denim card base was first embossed with one of the Petal Pair TIEFs.  These folders are hard to see in the catalog BUT I promise they are AWESOME.  Next, I splattered my card base with Whisper White Ink.  
For the focal layers I kept my watercoloring simple and quick.  I picked up ink with an Aquapainter from the lid of Flirty Flamingo, Old Olive, and Marina Mist Ink Pads.  I went for fast swooshes and scribbles to add color in a hap hazard fashion which, to me, fits the style of the stamp images.  Tucked under the flowers and greeting is a Silver Glimmer detail cut from the Petals and More Thinlits.  I have to say that thinlit set is chuck full of great dies.
In the Annual Catalog there is another thinlit set that coordinates BEAUTIFULLY with the Petal Passion Suite.  The Marina Mist bird perched on my pizza box was cut from the Birds and Blooms Thinlits.  The tag is stamped with more images from the Petal Palette Stamp Set and cut with the Stitched Shapes Framelits.  Lots of thread and twine are added to create a sense of a nest for the bird.
Your next stop along our hop is with my sweet friend Sara Levin.  She is amazing and creative so get ready to see how she is "coloring the world" with stamped art.


Product List for Both Projects
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00

6 comments:

  1. These are beautiful! I love that you did the "hap hazard" watercoloring on the images. It is perfect with the style of the stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz: No wonder you were chosen for the Artisan Design Team! These projects are stunning! I love the scribbly watercoloring! I'm going to have to try that! xoKathyxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always: Amazing! Love the colours that you've used and how everything just comes together! Stunning Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you added the bird die to this stamp set--perfect match! As always, you have gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth ~ I love the way you build all the little details into your creations! Gorgeous as always.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful ... Just Beautiful !! I love everything about this x

    ReplyDelete